Accelerated Graduate Pathway to Statistics
For highly motivated undergraduate students who are already looking ahead to graduate school, USM offers an Accelerated Graduate Pathway to the Statistics master’s program that allows you to begin graduate study while completing your bachelor's degree, saving you time and money -- which means you'll be ready for a career that much sooner, with your bachelor's and master’s degrees in hand.
In order to gain full admission into the Master of Science in Statistics program, a student must meet the following admission standards:
- Choose a major in Mathematics, Engineering, Science or Technology.
- Maintain at least a 2.75 undergraduate cumulative GPA (student has cumulative GPA of 2.75 at time of graduation from undergraduate degree program).
- In addition to all major and core requirements, complete the following courses with grades of C or better: MAT 152 Calculus , MAT 153 Calculus B, MAT 281 Introduction to Probability, MAT 282 Statistical Inference.
How to Apply:
- On the Common App, select your preferred choice of major. You will then see the following option: “Please indicate your interest in one of the following accelerated pathway options at the University of Southern Maine” from which you can select a Pathway.
- In the University of Maine System application, select your First Choice Major and then you will see the following drop-down menu: Accelerated Graduate Degree Pathway (First Choice Major), from which you can select a Pathway.
- If you are a Transfer or Continuing Student, please contact the University of Southern Maine Advising Office to meet with an academic advisor who can review your previous coursework and determine your eligibility for entering an Accelerated Graduate Pathway. Please call (207) 780-4040 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.