Minor in Event Planning and Management
Students must complete one of the following:
- BUS 316 Sport Event Management
- TAH 311 Event Planning and Management
Select four courses (twelve credit hours) from the following list, with at least one of each prefix:
- BUS 311 Sport Marketing
- BUS 313 Sport Facility Management
- BUS 316 Sport Event Management (if not taken above)
- BUS 317 Sport Sponsorship and Sales
- TAH 221 Tourism and Hospitality Management
- TAH 261 Introduction to Cultural Tourism
- TAH 311 Event Planning and Management (if not taken above)
- TAH 340 Topics in Event Planning
- TAH 410 Seminar in Tourism Promotion (selected topics)
- TAH 440 Applied Topics in Event Planning
One of the four electives may be from the following list of professional experiences, as long as the course involves some aspect of event planning, management, sales, and/or promotion.
- BUS 393 Internship in Sport Management
- TAH 209 Tourism and Hospitality Internship I
- TAH 309 Tourism and Hospitality Internship II
- TAH 407 Field Study in Tourism and Hospitality
- TAH 408 Practicum in Tourism and Hospitality
- TAH 409 Tourism and Hospitality Internship
Students who wish to pursue the minor must complete a declaration form available online or from the Registrar's Office.
The minor in event management (15 credits) is available to students in all majors except Sport Management majors. The requirements for admission to the minor are completion of at least 12 credits at USM and a grade point average of 2.33 or higher. A student may transfer into the minor up to six credit hours of acceptable courses. To complete the minor, students must have a grade point average of at least 2.33 in the minor courses. Minimum grades may be required as prerequisite to minor courses. Check course description for details.
Courses may be taken in any order provided course prerequisites are satisfied.