Leadership Studies Overview
We promote the best in leadership knowledge and practice to improve the quality and diversity of leadership in organizations and communities -- regionally, nationally, and internationally. We see leadership as an activity, not a position.
We believe in:
- Integrating theory and practice
- Continuous development
- Creating sustainable enterprises
- Improving competitive advantage
- Social responsibility
- Systems thinking
- Strategic level change
- The value of diversity in all its forms
- Innovative thinking and practice
The Leadership and Organizational Studies major offers an accelerated pathway for students pursuing any USM undergraduate program. For more information on the accelerated pathway option, please contact the Graduate Admissions office.