Certificate of Graduate Study in Policy Analysis
The Certificate of Graduate Study in Policy Analysis is designed for those who seek a career or already are policy analysts, policy makers, political activists, planners, community leaders, or others seeking an improved understanding of public policy development, research and evaluation, and those who wish to help improve outcomes.
This certificate is a stand-alone credential or the 12 credits may be transferred into the Master's in Policy, Planning, and Management degree program upon admission. Students generally take one course per semester.
Students select four courses (12 credits) including one required course and three electives from the following list of approved courses. Other courses may be approved upon request.
Required Courses (3 credits)
- PPM 622 Applied Policy Analysis
Select three additional course (9 credits) from the following:
- PPM 503/603 Applied Research Methods
- PPM 524 Social Justice and Public Policy
- PPM 531 Measuring Performance in the Public and Nonprofit Sectors
- PPM 570 Policy Argumentation and Advocacy
- PPM 601 Applied Data Analysis and Statistics
- PPM 609 Topics in Public Policy
- PPM 611 Economics for Policy and Planning
- PPM 640 Public Finance and Budgeting
- MPH 660 Health Policy (prerequisite MPH 525 American Health Systems or permission of instructor