Minor in Military Leadership
The Minor in Military Leadership is designed to establish a direct link with the Military Science curriculum and the Leadership Studies program. Students completing this minor should be ROTC cadets interested in learning more about leadership in addition to their Military Science courses. For more information, please contact CSM (RET) Joseph LaPlante at Joseph.LaPlante@unh.edu or Dr. Sharon Timberlake at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following curriculum meets the requirements for a Military Leadership Minor for Army ROTC Cadets. Students must complete a total of 30 Military Science credits (eight courses, eight leadership labs) and six Leadership and Organizational Studies credits as part of both academic and commissioning requirements. More information about the USm Army ROTC and its courses can be found at: https://usm.maine.edu/armyrotc.
- MIS 213 Introduction to ROTC I 2 cr
- MIS 203 Introduction to ROTC II 2 cr
- MIS 301 Self and Team Development I 3 cr
- MIS 302 Self and Team Development II 3 cr
- MIS 401 Leading Small Organizations I 3 cr
- MIS 402 Leading Small Organizations II 3 cr
- MIS 411 Leadership and Management I 3 cr
- MIS 412 Leadership and Management II 3 cr
- Students also Participate in Leadership Labs each Semester 1 cr (per semester for a total of 8 credits)
- LOS 300 Organizational Theory 3 cr*
- LOS 350 Leadership 3 cr*
*LOS 300 and LOS 350 are offered face-to-face and online. Please refer to the LOS Undergraduate Course Rotation for details.
Elective ROTC Program Courses:
MIS 225 History of the Army 3 cr
MIS 495 Officer Internship 1-6 cr
(Elective credits may assist to reach Minor credit requirements with Faculty approval only.)