Details for Graduates
Congratulations Class of 2016! We are so proud of your accomplishments during your time here at USM. Here are a few things you need to know about Commencement:
- Commencement is Saturday, May 14, 2016 at the Cross Insurance Arena (formerly Cumberland County Civic Center) located in Portland, Maine.
- Please arrive no later than 8:00 AM.
- Tickets will be required for admittance. Student who have applied to graduate and are eligible to march will be able to reserve tickets online starting March 1st.
- Please bring your ticket, cap, and gown with you to the Cross Insurance Arena.
- The ceremony is scheduled to last 3 hours.
- No large bags or backpacks will be allowed in the Cross Insurance Arena. You are encouraged to leave any valuables at home as there is no place to store them.
- Free parking will be available on the Portland campus with shuttle bus service between the Woodbury Campus Center and the Cross Insurance Arena starting at 7:15 AM.
- Parking will also be available in the parking garage next to the Cross Insurance Arena.
- Carpooling is encouraged.
- Professional Commencement photos will be available.