Welcome to the Common Read resource archive. These resources have been provided by our Common Read speakers as well as by USM IDAC Co-Chairs for open use by the USM community. Here you will find links to active research on implicit bias, materials for discussion leaders, discussion questions, and much more. Feel free to browse and borrow anything useful!
Book discussion guides
- Teaching Tolerance Difficult Conversations
- Teaching Tolerance Facilitating Difficult Conversations with Students
- East Bay Meditation Group Agreements for Multicultural Interactions
- Examples of MicroAgressions
- Seeing White podcast series
- Peggy McIntosh’s White Fragility Knapsack
- Ijeoma Oluo’s Confronting Racism & the feelings of white people
- What White Colleagues Need to Understand
- Robin DiAngelo’s What’s My Complicity?
- 4 Ways White People Can Process Their Emotions Without Bringing the White Tears
Understanding Settler Privilege
- Harvard University: Project Implicit
- Anti-defamation League: Personal Self-Assessment of Anti-bias Behavior
Counseling and reporting resources
What’s Happening in Maine?
- Calendar of Antiracist Events (REI training dates, DiAngelo workshops, etc.)
- Racisms Column in The Bollard
- Black Girl in Maine blog (Shay Stewart-Bouley)
- Maine Wabanaki Reach