USM offers a discounted rate for Spectrum internet service for current students, staff, and employees of USM, as well as for those who have retired from USM. This discount is only available to customers as long as they meet these guidlines. USM provides a discount for standard speed internet (20mpb download, 2mpb upload), not any of the other Spectrum services.
Billing and Account Inquires:
Phone - (207) 780-4457
Email - email@example.com
In Office - 142 Luther Bonney Hall, Portland - Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Technical Support: (207) 253-2315
USM Spectrum Terms of Service
The University of Maine System, the University of Southern Maine, or any of their agents (hereafter referred to as the University) may not be held responsible in any manner for losses or disputes relating to the provision of this service. The University’s only involvement is to assist in making available discounted rates for the service and certifying the University status of subscribers.
Service Agreement: I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The University of Southern Maine (USM) and Spectrum are offering internet service at a reduced rate to USM students, faculty, staff, and retirees. If and when the customer no longer meets these requirements they must notify USM via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To validate the status of the applicant, USM may provide Spectrum information such as name, student or employee ID number, current address, and University status.
- Service will be interrupted if full payment is not received by the due date specified on the statement. If and when a customer is disconnected for non-payment and they wish to have their services reactivated he or she must pay a reconnection fee of $10.00. This fee will be in addition to all outstanding balances plus the current month charges. If an account is disconnected twice for non-payment the customer is no longer eligible for the USM Spectrum discount.
- A $25.00 charge will be accessed on checks returned for non-payment.
- Rates will be prorated by half month only. The payment will be applied from the date of install. If you are installed between the 22nd-7th you will be charged a full month. If you are installed between the 8th-21st you will be charged half a month.
- The fees for this service may change from time to time but no more often than at the beginning of each semester. If the fees change we will notify the subscriber in writing or via electronic mail at least thirty (30) days prior to the effective date of the change.
- Spectrum’s Tech Support at 207-253-2315 will be to assist USM subscribers with problems relating to this service. Any billing issues, address changes or credit issues should be directed to USM’s US:IT Spectrum office by emailing: email@example.com.
When this form is submitted to USM a payment of $69.90 is required, which will be applied to your first two (2) billing cycles. Payments are due to USM in advance of service to stay in compliance with USM’s agreement with Spectrum. Bills are generated on the 21st of each month for the upcoming month and are due the 15th of the following month (due date will appear on your statement). Payment must be received by the due date to continue service for the upcoming month.
USM will be responsible for all billing of service. All payments will be made to USM. You will be responsible for notifying USM of any changes in address, phone number, change of service, cancellation of service, or if you are no longer a USM community member.
If you disconnect your service, you must notify USM and return your modem box to a Spectrum office in your area. If you do not return your modem box you will be charged a fee from Spectrum. The cable modem is the property of Spectrum and is subject to their terms and conditions. Further, any ethernet adapter equipment made available as part of this offering is done so by Spectrum and is subject to their terms and conditions.