USM’s Laptop Payprint System allows students to send black and white print jobs wirelessly from their own laptops (Windows and macOS supported), and have the print charges automatically deducted from their USM Card account.
For printing in a computer lab or classroom:
- If you are a student, please log in with your MaineStreet username and password (same as for Blackboard).
- If you have a guest card, please log in with your 16-digit card number as the username, and the last four digits of this same number as the password. (Your device must be registered and connected to the Tempest wireless network in order to utilize laptop printing. Printing while connected to the MaineEDU-Guest wireless network is not supported.)
- If you are a student that has username longer than 21 characters, you will need to login with your full email, not just your username.
If you would like to check your card balance or add money to your account, please use the USM eAccounts web application (login required).
To download and install the PaperCut PC Client program that allows you to print from your laptop the first time, please choose one of the following links:
- Windows Paper Cut Download - USM (excluding UM School of Law)
- Windows Paper Cut Download - UM School of Law
- MacOS PaperCut Client - USM (excluding UM School of Law)
- MacOS PaperCut Client - UM School of Law
For step by step instructions, please visit our how-to guide: PaperCut Client Installation and Setup
For problems with printing, please contact the HelpDesk 780-4029 or email email@example.com.
This program does NOT show you your card balance when you print. Your money is stored in a secure location, and when you print, it is pulled from that location. No sensitive data is shared. You can check your card balance and payment for printing on the USM eAccounts website.
Printer Locations (USM Only)
- Gorham Campus
- Gorham Learning Commons, room 120
- John Mitchell Center
- Lewiston Campus
- LAC Commons
- Portland Campus
- Glickman Library 2nd floor
- Glickman Library 3rd floor
- Luther Bonney lobby
- Luther Bonney computer lab
- Woodbury Campus Center