Confucius China Studies Program Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship
The Confucius China Studies Program is offering Ph.D. Fellowships to qualified students who wish to pursue doctoral research in China. This program provides substantial funding for Ph.D. dissertation research in China, and for the continuation of Chinese language study, from six months to up to two years.
Confucius Institute Headquarters will make a personalized development plan for every fellowship recipient, and offer him/her a full fellowship including tuition, living stipend, research grant, and instructional grant for foreign and Chinese mentors.
- CNY 80,000 annual living stipend
- CNY 20,000 annual research stipend
- Financial support for a research visit to China by their home university advisor
- Host university tuition
- Reimbursement for the cost of roundtrip, economy class airfare
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a U.S. Institution
- Pursuing research in the arts, education, humanities, or social sciences with a focus on China
- Not a citizen of the People's Republic of China
- Will not be recipients of other Chinese government scholarship funding
- Will not have spent a significant amount of time in the People's Republic of China during the years of their secondary education
- Recommended: A score of a 3 or higher on the HSK, awarded prior to the application deadline
How to Apply
Applicants enrolled in U.S. institutions must apply for this award through the Institute of International Education. Please visit their website for detailed information on the application process.
The online application is now open for awards beginning in fall 2015.
|Grant Term Begins||Application Deadline|
|Fall 2015||January 29, 2015|