Dongbei University of Finance and Economics Study Abroad Scholarship
Confucius Institute Headquarters has launched a Confucius Institute Scholarship program to sponsor foreign students, scholars, and Chinese language teachers to study Chinese at universities in China.
Students of the Confucius Institute at USM are invited to apply for the scholarship program hosted by our partner university, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE). DUFE is offering one-year (11 months) and one-semester (5 months) grants in Chinese language study.
- CNY 2,500 monthly living stipend
- Host university registrations fees, tuition, and basic materials
- On-campus accommodations (double room) or CNY 700/month
- Open to all current and former students of the Confucius Institute at USM
- Completion of at least 3 months of class or 40 class periods is required
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health, aged 16-35
- See below for minimum HSK scores. Those who have not taken the HSK may present scores from other Chinese proficiency exams or must demonstrate equivalent Chinese proficiency.
|Grant Type||One Semester||One Year|
|Minimum HSK Score||210 (Level 3)||180 (Level 4)|
|Minimum HSKK Score||Any score||60 (Intermediate Level)|
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the USM Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form.
- Go to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website and set up an individual account.
- Choose the host university by scrolling down to the Liaoning Province (辽宁) section, then selecting Dongbei Unviersity of Finance and Economics (东北财经大学).
- Complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form.
Fall semesters start in September and spring semesters start in March.
The application deadline is two months before class starts.