What Does it Mean to be a USM Corporate Partner?
Our Corporate Partners share a commitment to growing Maine's skilled and educated workforce through active collaboration with the University.
Member Benefits Include:
- Exclusive access to the USM Community. Membership is your entry point to the USM Community. Becoming a Corporate Partner gives your organization exclusive opportunities for direct access to our network of 56,000 alumni, 8,000 students, and 1000+ faculty and staff.
- Exclusive invitations to all USM Corporate Partners events. The Corporate Partners community is built on a foundation of regular programming (4 to 6 events per year) that showcases opportunities and challenges facing Maine’s business community and ways we can tackle them together. Members enjoy four complimentary tickets to each event.
- Coming this fall: Exclusive access to post on the alumni job board, which is promoted via email communication to 20,000+ alumni every month.
- Exclusive event sponsorship opportunities for Corporate Partners, USM Foundation, alumni and Career & Employment Hub student events. Only members may sponsor USM events.
- A 20% discont on all USM Professional Development Programs, from certificate programs and intensive skill-building workshops to programming customized to your business needs. Your employees can take advantage of practical, comprehensive training programs that focus on the application of new skills and information directly applied to your workplace.
- Exclusive opportunity to sponsor a premiere Employer Banner, which features a USM student or alum working at your business. These life-sized full color banners are displayed at each Corporate Partners event, at USM’s annual Commencement Ceremony in front of 8,000 individuals, and are housed outside the Career & Employment Hub on the Portland campus.
- USM Works for ME workplace events. When you’re a member, USM comes directly to your business. These 60-minute programs give your employees and employee-alums the latest news from USM. Visits typically include a brief networking component, an intimate conversation with USM President, Dr. Glenn Cummings, brief remarks by an appropriate Admissions, faculty and/or Corporate/Alumni representative, and a Q&A session. USM tailors each event to your organization’s specific requests and workforce needs – and we come right to you!
- Special event communications. Corporate Partners enjoy regular email updates including information about USM on-campus events of interest and opportunities to engage and partner with USM students, faculty, and programs.
- "Insider information” about opportunities to engage and partner with the University of Southern Maine that are relevant to your business, such as new tuition reimbursement policies, employee educational opportunities including professional and continuing education programs, undergraduate and graduate programs, job fairs, etc.
Student-focused Member Benefits:
- A designated USM Career Hub representative who will help build and enhance your organization’s relationship with USM students. Our goal is to increase awareness of USM’s premier employer partners within the student community and ensure that members have access to mutually beneficial opportunities to partner with the Career Hub on internship programs and student career development programming.
- Exclusive ability to table on our USM campuses Additionally, tabling on campus is free to members, which includes promotion of your business’ presence to students via the Career & Employment Hub.
- Career Fair tabling discounts: Members enjoy 50% off tabling entry fees for career, internship, and engineering fairs during members-only early bird registration.
- Exclusive highlighting of your organization’s employment opportunities posted with USM’s Career & Employment Hub (and on USM’s alumni web site)
- Opportunities to get directly involved with USM students: USM collaborates with members who want to host employer-student job shadows, internships and apprenticeships. Members are also top-of-mind professional development resources to deploy at USM Career Hub events and trainings. Corporate Partner members are encouraged to make an impact in our student’s lives by signing up to be volunteers in our Community Career Network. Sign up at: alumniusm.org/ccn
For more information, email email@example.com.