- If you do not have experience teaching an online or blended course and/or you need help setting up a course in Blackboard, CTEL offers an eight week orientation course called Quick Start: USM Faculty Orientation to Online Teaching. You are also welcome to contact any CTEL staff member for help.
- We use Quality Matters standards in the design support we provide. Quality Matters is an educational non-profit that creates research-backed standards for online and blended course design and offers extensive faculty development based on peer feedback.
- If you would like to participate in faculty development events at USM, please click here to learn more: Center for Collaboration and Development - Faculty Development Unit
- If you have questions about using Mainestreet, Blackboard, Adobe Connect or logging into these websites, please contact the HELP DESK Technology Support: Call 207-780-4029 or email email@example.com
- Mainestreet is the employee and student management platform for the University of Maine System. You can access your course rosters in the Faculty Center and post grades there. If you have questions about Mainestreet and the Faculty Center, you will find answers here: MAINE STREET GUIDE for Faculty
- Blackboard is the learning management system (LMS) for the University of Maine System. Most technology enhanced courses at USM use Blackboard. If you have specific questions about the tools in Blackboard, please bookmark this page: Blackboard for Instructors.
- Your students may have a learning, physical or psychological disability. If you need to know how to support such a student in your course please contact the Disability Services Center.
- If you would like to make library-owned articles, videos and other copyrighted material available to your online students, please find the instructions on this page from the library’s website: Electronic Reserves (E-Reserves)
- Open Educational Resources (OER) are freely available online resources created or vetted by subject matter experts. They're sometimes used instead of or in addition to textbooks. If you are curious about them and want to add them to your course: http://usm.maine.libguides.com/oer
- If you would like to incorporate materials that may be behind a paywall, or setup a discipline-specific research guide, please contact the librarian assigned to your program through the Library Liaison Program
- To order textbooks for your course, contact Kathy Ostergaard at USM Bookstore 207-780-4634 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy and Other Helpful Links:
- USM FACULTY HANDBOOK - including policies, resources, and conduct information: https://usm.maine.edu/provost/faculty-handbook
- FERPA POLICY: https://usm.maine.edu/registration-services/privacy-records-ferpa