This Chartbook is unique in its detailing of the service and costs of adults with intellectual disability or austim spectrum disorder (ID/ASD) in Maine.
The Chartbook focuses on adults with ID/ASD who are eligible only for MaineCare (Maine's Medicaid system) or who are dually eligible for MaineCare and Medicare. It describes:
- services currently available to individuals with ID/ASD;
- the historical use of institutional and community-based services in Maine compared to other states and the nation;
- utilization and cost of MaineCare and Medicare services for Maine's adults with ID/ASD in different residential settings in SFY 2010;
- state-funded services available to adults with ID/ASD;
- utilization and cost of MaineCare services for adults who were on the waitlists for Section 21 Comprehensive or Section 29 Supports home-and-community-based waivers in SFY 2013;
- quality of health care for this population;
- Maine's use of the Supports Intensity Scale; and the
- variety of providers in the state.
To view or dowload the full Chartbook, click here
Suggested Citation: Snow KI, Bratesman S, Bowe T, Fralich J. Adults with Intellectual Disability or Autism Spectrum Disorder: Population and Service Use Trends in Maine, 2014 Edition. (Chartbook). Portland, ME: University of Southern Maine, Muskie School of Public Service;2014.