Maine Roads to Quality Early Care and Education Professional Development Network (MRTQ PDN) has recently hired four new staff and re-assigned four existing staff to enhance our delivery of statewide technical assistance (TA) to include regionally-based District Early Childhood and Youth Coordinators (shortened to “DCs”). MRTQ PDN’s 2017-2019 contract with Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Child and Family Services (OCFS) outlines a system that places trained DCs in each of the eight Child Welfare Districts. Information about MRTQ PDN’s TA services can be found on our website.
The DCs will serve as a resource to the early childhood and youth workforce to support quality improvement in all areas of Maine. The DCs are professionals with extensive experience working in
early childhood and out-of-school time settings. Our goal is to build strong relationships with practitioners and programs. The primary function of each DC is to provide TA, which includes
on-site consultation (OC) and facilitating peer-to-peer networks (e.g. Communities of Practice or Maine Credential cohorts).
MRTQ PDN’s team of DCs are regionally-based, primarily in the district in which they live, and will work both independently and within a larger staff team. Having regionally-based DCs will allow each DC to build relationships and connect with local programs, stakeholders, and service providers. The DCs will collaborate with state and local partners in their assigned district and statewide, when needed.
Each of the DCs has an “assigned” district or specialty, but all are also available to support the team statewide.
District/specialty assignments are:
• District 1 (York County): Tammy Dwyer
• District 2 (Cumberland County): Diane Hancock
• District 3 (Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford Counties): Marnie Morneault
• District 4 (Lincoln, Knox, Sagadahoc, and Waldo Counties): Lee Lingelbach
• District 5 (Kennebec and Somerset Counties): Robin Holman
• District 6 (Penobscot and Piscataquis Counties): Jamie Spencer and trained MRTQ PDN Consultants
• District 7 (Hancock and Washington Counties): Jamie Spencer (Hancock) and Theresa Fisk (Washington)
• District 8 (Aroostook County): Theresa Fisk and trained MRTQ PDN Consultants
• Statewide Mental Health Consultation: Jennifer Maeverde
During the first year of the new system, MRTQ PDN will be evaluating the needs of each District, the workload of the DCs, and the overall functioning of the TA System. We are committed to offering a program that meets the needs of all early childhood and out-of-school time programs in Maine. If you have questions about the work of the DCs or MRTQ PDN’s TA System, please contact Jill Downs, TA Manager, at 207-780-5845 or email@example.com.