Need help with Food Security? The Campus Food Pantry is here for you!
We are a FREE on campus resource committed to helping USM community members achieve ongoing food security and peace of mind when it comes to thinking about their next meal.
Please note that the USM Campus Food Pantry is staffed by graduate and undergraduate students. While we will do our very best to be open during the times listed, there will be occasions when schedules have to change at the last minute. If you are coming from a distance or going out of your way to visit the pantry, please consider contacting us to ensure that we are open during listed hours. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Hours may vary during breaks and vacations (or due to illness), visit our Instagram for daily updates
Portland, 102 Bedford Street, end of the driveway
Starting September 12 - regular fall hours (updated 9/26/22)
Monday - 2:00-5:00pm
Tuesday - 10:00am-6:30pm
Wednesday - 2:00-6:30pm
Thursday - 10:00am-6:30pm
Friday - 12:00-5:00pm
Pre-order pick up only. Please fill out the form below and be in touch with us to make arrangements for a Gorham pick-up. The pick-up location is the Library in Bailey Hall
Lewiston Auburn Campus
Open during Library hours
Plans are currently underway for a re-vamping of the LAC Food Pantry location!
We offer choose your own and pre-order bags of food! Shop during open hours or submit your order on Monday for same-week pickup.
Fill out the CFP ORDER FORM to order a bag of groceries!
Is there a cost or requirement to access the Campus Food Pantry (CFP)?
NO! We are a FREE resource! The CFP operates on a self-assessed need basis. Only a USM ID is needed.
Who can access the Campus Food Pantry?
USM Students or Community Members (faculty, staff) with a USM ID Card can access the CFP and receive food.
Where is the Campus Food Pantry?
Portland: 102 Bedford Street
Gorham: Pre-order pickup in the Bailey Hall Library
What will you find at the Campus Food Pantry*?
- Multi-Use Items: Pasta, Sauce, Condiments, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Pickles, Rice, Beans, Cereal
- Single-Use Items: Tuna, MacNCheese, Ramen, Canned Vegetables, Soup, Instant meals & sides
- Ready to Eat: Apple Sauce, Fruit Cups, Crackers, Snacks, Energy Bars
- Beverages: Coffee, Tea, Milk, Juice
- Personal Care: Soap, Tampons, Deodorant, Dental Essentials, Hair & Skin Care products
- Household Supplies: Food Storage, Detergent, Can Openers, Toilet Paper, and other Basics
- Cool Zone: Yogurt, Milk, Dairy, Fruit, Vegetables, Cheese
- Fro Zone: Meals, Meat, Veggies
AND much more!
*All sections include dietary responsive alternatives for gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, and others by request.
Support the USM Campus Food Pantry:
- Make a tax-deductible gift online.
- Donate $10 through the USM University Store and receive a sturdy, canvas bag!
- Give Gift Cards! We always need small denomination ($10 - $20) gift cards to local grocery stores to supplement our pre-orders.
- Organize a food or resource drive - be in touch to discuss details and begin planning a drive to provide food, supplies, and other essential items (some ideas - new reusable storage containers, unopened personal care items, new reusable grocery bags, unopened and unexpired food items, gift cards or financial donations, etc.)
- Volunteer - be in touch to discuss our volunteer opportunities!
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org