Need help with Food Security?
The Campus Food Pantry is here for you!
Fall 2020 Open Hours
Portland, Woodbury Campus Center*
Monday: 12pm - 3pm
Tuesday: 9am - 12pm
Wednesday: 9am - 12pm
*Other hours available by appointment
Gorham, Lower Brooks (Pre-Order Only)
Friday: 2pm - 6pm
NEW! We are offering pre-order pick up in Gorham and Portland
Orders must be placed by Monday for same-week pick up. Confirmations will be sent to your maine.edu email.
Fill out the CFP ORDER FORM
Food insecurity is an everyday problem for many of our students and community members at USM. Did you know that around 36% of college students in the U.S. experience food insecurity? There are many levels of food insecurity, from not having access to affordable healthy and nutritious meal options, to not having affordable access to a sufficient amount of food at all. The Campus Food Pantry (CFP) is a resource to help provide food security on campus.
We are committed to helping the USM community to have food security and peace of mind when it comes to thinking about their next meal.
Email questions or request an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can access the Campus Food Pantry?
USM Students or Community Members (faculty, staff, and family) with a USM ID Card can access the CFP. The Pantry operates on a self-assessed need basis. There are no eligibility requirements.
Where is the Campus Food Pantry?
The largest CFP is located in the Woodbury Campus Center, Portland. Room 135
LAC Students can find the CFP in the Library (M-F 8-4:30) *Inventory is limited
NEW! Lower Brooks, Gorham Fri 2pm - 6pm
If you need more support, please contact Madeleine Lutts
How does the CFP work?
- Check-in with USM ID Card*
- Grab a Basket and Shop!
- Check-out with CFP Staff Member
What will Students find at the Campus Food Pantry?
The CFP is organized into 6 Sections for you to choose from that include Ready-to-Make Meals, Rice, Pasta, Soup, Conditments, Baking Mixes, Canned Vegetables, Tuna, Peanut Butter, Kitchen Staples, Personal Care Items, Fresh Produce, and much more!
Each Section has a limit (per visit) to ensure we have a variety of items for everyone.
- Multi-Use Items: Pasta, Sauce, Condiments, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Pickles, Rice, Beans, Cereal, Rice, Salad Dressing
- Single-Use Items: Tuna, Mac N Cheese, Ramen, Canned Vegetables, Soup, Instant Rice, Pasta, Potatoes
- Ready to Eat: Apple Sauce, Fruit Cups, Crackers, Fruit Snacks, Cereal Bars (THIS SECTION IS LIMITED TO 3 ITEMS)
- Personal Care: Soap, Tampons, Deodorant, Dental Essentials, Hair & Skin Care products, QTips
- Household Supplies: Food Storage, Detergent, Can Openers, Toilet Paper, and other (limited) Basics
- Cool Zone: Rotating cold & perishable foods (based on availability)
*We ask that you bring your USM ID card to access the pantry or provide your Student ID #. No personal information is collected, but this helps us ensure this resource is available for USM students and community members.
Donations & Ways to Help*
Donate Items: The needs of the pantry changes on a regular basis. Our wish list can be found here!
*Due to COVID-19 please contact us before bringing donations
- Non-perishable canned and boxed foods (canned vegetables, soup, coffee, cereal, pasta sauce)
- New/Unopened Personal care & hygiene products (toilet paper, oral hygiene products, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap)
- Household Supplies (tin foil, sandwich bags, dish soap, laundry detergent)
Provide Monetary Support:
We use monetary donations to help keep our shelves full. We accept cash, check, or gift/grocery cards!
-Use the "Make a Gift" option provided via the USM Foundation
-Checks should be made payable to "USM Foundation" and mailed to: PO Box 9300, Portland, ME 04104-9300, memo or reference: Campus Food Pantry