The Campus Food Pantry is here for you! by Appointment*
Email: email@example.com to request a time slot to get available resources.
We are available Mon-Fri 11am-2pm.
Please email at least 24 hours prior to time requested.
*Subject to change In accordance with the March 23 statewide directive issued from Governor Mills and Portland Mayor Snyder’s emergency stay at home order, as of Monday March 30, 2020 the Campus Food Pantry will be available by appointment only. USM Students or community members with a valid USM ID who are struggling with food security are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.*
Food insecurity is an everyday problem for many of our students and community members at USM. Did you know that around 36% of college students in the U.S. experience food insecurity? There are many levels of food insecurity, from not having access to affordable healthy and nutritious meal options, to not having affordable access to a sufficient amount of food at all. The Campus Food Pantry (CFP) is a resource to help provide food security on campus.
We are committed to helping the USM community to have food security and peace of mind when it comes to thinking about their next meal.
Who can access the Campus Food Pantry?
USM Students or Community Members (faculty, staff, and family) with a USM ID Card can access the CFP.
Where is the Campus Food Pantry?
The CFP is located in the Woodbury Campus Center, Portland. Room 135.
Limited availablity in Gorham at the Free Store, Lower Brooks or the Student Success Center, LAC.
If you need more support, please contact Madeleine Lutts
How does the CFP work?
- Check-in with USM ID Card
- Grab a Basket and Shop!
- Check-out with CFP Staff Member
What will Students find at the Campus Food Pantry?
The CFP is organized into 6 Sections for you to choose from that include Ready-to-Make Meals, Rice, Pasta, Soup, Conditments, Baking Mixes, Canned Vegetables, Tuna, Peanut Butter, Kitchen Staples, Personal Care Items, Fresh Produce, and much more!
Each Section has a limit (per visit) to ensure we have a variety of items for everyone.
- Multi-Use Items: Pasta, Sauce, Condiments, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Pickles, Rice, Beans, Cereal, Rice, Salad Dressing
- Single-Use Items: Tuna, Mac N Cheese, Ramen, Canned Vegetables, Soup, Instant Rice, Pasta, Potatoes
- Ready to Eat: Apple Sauce, Fruit Cups, Crackers, Fruit Snacks, Cereal Bars (THIS SECTION IS LIMITED TO 3 ITEMS)
- Personal Care: Soap, Tampons, Deodorant, Dental Essentials, Hair & Skin Care products, QTips
- Household Supplies: Food Storage, Detergent, Can Openers, Toilet Paper, and other (limited) Basics
- Cool Zone: Rotating cold & perishable foods (based on availability)
We ask that you bring your USM ID card to access the pantry or provide your Student ID #.
This helps us anonymously report need and restock what is needed and wanted. We do not collect any personal information.
Donations & Ways to Help
Donate Items: The needs of the pantry changes on a regular basis. Our wish list can be found here!
- Non-perishable canned and boxed foods (canned vegetables, soup, coffee, cereal, pasta sauce)
- Personal care & hygiene products (toilet paper, oral hygiene products, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap)
- Household Supplies (tin foil, sandwich bags, dish soap, laundry detergent)
Provide Monetary Support:
We use monetary donations to help keep our shelves full. We accept cash, check, or gift/grocery cards!
-Use the "Make a Gift" option provided via the USM Foundation
-Checks should be made payable to "USM Foundation" and mailed to PO Box 9300, Portland, ME 04104-9300, reference: Campus Food