Need help with Food Security?
The Campus Food Pantry is here for you!
Spring 2021 Hours:
Tuesday 10am - 1:30pm
Wednesday 9am - 3:30pm
Thursday 9am - 12pm
Gorham (pre-order only)
Thursday 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Friday 2pm - 6pm
Open during Library hours
We are offering pre-order pick up in Gorham and Portland
Orders must be placed by Monday for same-week pick up. Confirmations will be sent to your maine.edu email
Fill out the CFP ORDER FORM
We are committed to helping the USM community to have food security and peace of mind when it comes to thinking about their next meal.
Email questions to: email@example.com
Who can access the Campus Food Pantry?
USM Students or Community Members (faculty, staff) with a USM ID Card can access the CFP. The Pantry operates on a self-assessed need basis. There are no eligibility requirements.
Where is the Campus Food Pantry?
The largest CFP is located at 102 Bedford Street on the Portland Campus. Find us at the end of the driveway.
A Pre-Order pick option and personal care items are avail in the UCU Den, Lower Brooks on the Gorham Campus
LAC Students can find the CFP in the Library *Inventory is limited
If you need more support, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How does the CFP work?
- Check-in with USM ID Card*
- Grab a Basket and Shop!
- Check-out with CFP Staff Member
What will Students find at the Campus Food Pantry? (Portland location)
- Multi-Use Items: Pasta, Sauce, Condiments, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Pickles, Rice, Beans, Cereal, Rice, Salad Dressing
- Single-Use Items: Tuna, Mac N Cheese, Ramen, Canned Vegetables, Soup, Instant sides
- Ready to Eat: Apple Sauce, Fruit Cups, Crackers, Fruit Snacks, Energy Bars
- Personal Care: Soap, Tampons, Deodorant, Dental Essentials, Hair & Skin Care products, QTips
- Household Supplies: Food Storage, Detergent, Can Openers, Toilet Paper, and other Basics
- Cool Zone: Rotating cold & perishable foods
- Froo Zone: Measl, Veggies and more!
*We ask that you bring your USM ID card to access the pantry or provide your Student ID #. No personal information is collected, but this helps us ensure this resource is available for USM students and community members.
Donations & Ways to Help*
Donate Items: The needs of the pantry changes on a regular basis. Our wish list can be found here!
*Due to COVID-19 please contact us before dropping off donations
- Non-perishable canned and boxed foods (canned vegetables, soup, coffee, cereal, pasta sauce)
- New/Unopened Personal care & hygiene products (toilet paper, oral hygiene products, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, soap)
- Household Supplies (tin foil, sandwich bags, dish soap, laundry detergent)
Provide Monetary Support:
We use monetary donations to help keep our shelves full. We accept cash, check, or gift/grocery cards!
-Use the "Make a Gift" option provided via the USM Foundation
-Checks should be made payable to "USM Foundation" and mailed to: PO Box 9300, Portland, ME 04104-9300, memo or reference: Campus Food Pantry