USM has reimagined and designated several spaces on all three campuses for socially distanced group study, individual quiet study, and Zoom/online course use. When using any spaces on campus, please wear headphones/earbuds to honor others in the area.
Designated Zoom Lounges
USM's "Zoom lounges" offer students physical spaces for participating in live Zoom courses and other Zoom-based learning activities. The spaces are socially distanced with WiFi access and will require the use of headphones and face masks. If needing information on how to use Zoom, check out USM's Learning With Zoom YouTube playlist.
NOTE: There will not be computers provided in these spaces. Computer labs will still be open for use, but students should be mindful of others' quiet academic time on-task in computer labs.
The following is a list of Zoom Lounges:
- 423/424 Glickman
- 43 Payson Smith Hall
- 2nd Floor Mezzanine - Abromson Center
- 2nd Floor Mezzanine - Luther Bonney Hall
- Lower Brooks Student Center
- 147A (LAC Library) - Capacity 1
Other Study Spaces
Here are some additional notes regarding spaces in USM's Libraries:
- Group study spaces: The group study rooms are open for use. Please visit the University Library webpages to learn more about study spaces and hours.
- Quiet study spaces: There are several designated quiet spaces in all three library locations, including the Great Reading Room on the seventh floor of the Glickman Library and the second floor of the Gorham Library. Individual study carrels and many other seating options can be used for individual quiet study.
For tips and strategies on how to maximize your study time in these spaces, or to connect with academic support resources, visit USM's Academic Support Resources Overview page, which includes videos on Brightspace, Zoom, the Google Suite, and being a successful learner.
If you are trying to access one of the rooms above during open hours and find it locked, please call (207) 780-4035 for assistance.