EAST awards 15 Research Fellowships each year to support increased participation of undergraduate students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) majors, including Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, Environmental Science, Physics, Linguistics, Chemistry, Geosciences, Psychology, Mathematics and Technology. The EAST fellowship program provides stipends to USM undergraduate students majoring in STEM majors or considering STEM careers, to conduct research with a research supervisor.
- 300 to 320 hours of supervised research
- Mid-project Progress Report
- Final Report
- Photographic documentation
- Presentation at USM Thinking Matters conference
- Participation in EAST evaluation activities, including pre- and post-project surveys
- Completion of Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training
Undergraduate Research Fellowships provide a $3500 student stipend, $1000 in faculty professional development funds, and up to $500 for materials and supplies.
How to Apply
For more information, contact Lynn Lovewell, EAST Director at (207) 780-5449, email@example.com.
Applications are accepted on an on-going basis.
The following application materials are required:
- Application Checklist
- Application Cover Sheet
- Personal Statement
- Project Proposal including Work Plan
- Agreement to Fulfill Program Requirements form, signed by student and by research supervisor
- Letter of recommendation
- Copy of current college transcript
- Budget Form if materials are being requested, signed by student and by research supervisor
Click one of these items for Fellowship Application forms:
Click one of these items for Sample Research Proposals: