Joseph (Jody) H. Capelluti EdD
- EdD, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- MS, University of Southern Maine
- BS, University of Maine
Jody Capelluti is Professor Emeritus of Educational Leadership whose is currently teaching Administrative Internships. Prior to coming to USM he held a number of positions including teacher, Principal of a National School of Excellence, Curriculum Director, Director of Special Services, Director of Alternative Programs and Planning Associate at the Department of Education.
As a scholar he has authored five books and over fifty articles and book chapters on school change, principal leadership and middle level education. His most recent book The Savvy Principal: What Streetwise Principals Need to Know is published by Rowman and Littlefield. As one reviewer states “Finally- a no-nonsense primer for aspiring, new and veteran principals that addresses topics that are important to the success of a collaborative leader”.
He is a consultant to schools in the areas of staff evaluation, organizational development, school culture and climate issues, team development, and principal and superintendent mentoring.
Principal leadership,the impact of principals, superintendents, and teachers use of social media as a way to communicate with stakeholders and work life balance issues
Areas of Scholarship
Staff evaluation, organizational development, developing a positive school culture and climate , team development, and principal and superintendent mentoring.
- Social Media or Social Life- Principal, National Association of Elementary School Principals, May, 2017
- Text, Tweet or Time Off- The Principal’s Dilemma, Principal Leadership, National Association of Secondary School Principals, February 2017
- The Savvy Principal: What Streetwise Principals Know- Roman and Littlefield -2014