USM Intern Site Placement Process
Placement Coordinator's Intern Placement Process
- Receive student listing by cohorts from cohort coordinators.
- Gather student information (contact info, resume, bio, placement preference).
- Arrange time to meet with principals/assistant principals to discuss placement opportunities and drop off student information.
- Send follow-up emails to request placements.
- Connect with teachers and principals about mentor matches.
- Email student and cc: cohort coordinator to inform them who mentor is and to set time up to meet.
- Send cohort coordinator updated list of mentor/intern matches.
- Student emails Placement Coordinator when match has been solidified.
- Give students reminders about process for fingerprinting and need to attend a scheduled registration/orientation session in the district.
Counseling Intern Placement Process
- Student meets with faculty advisor and identifies 3-5 suitable internship sites.
- Student contacts Placement Coordinator regarding their meeting with advisor.
- Placement Coordinator request bio from student. Include the following:
- Practicum placement preference and timeline
- Special interest
- Geographic ares
- Placement Coordinator suggest that student call two approved sites, then inform Placement Coordinator of results.
- Student interviews at site.
- Placement process is complete and information is kept up-to-date.