Addressing economic disparities is a great policy issue in our democracy. For schools and classrooms there is a need to help teachers and administrators understand the daily challenges of coping with poverty. Below are resources and successful models for working with individual students, addressing school wide policies, and building school and community partnerships to address students' needs as they impact student learning.
- One Small Step for Students - MEA Policy Advocacy for addressing Students in Poverty in Maine
- Collective Impact project in Maine using the STRIVE network framework - Westbrook Children's Project
- New Beginnings Serving Homeless and Runaway Youth
- Paul Gorski - Reaching and Teaching Students in Poverty
- The Relationships Between School Poverty and Student Achievement in Maine