Kappa Alpha Omicron (KAO) is the international student honor society in Interdisciplinary Environmental Science/Study chartered under the Interdisciplinary Environmental Association. USM is the zeta chapter approved in 2012.
- KAO is designed to offer students working on interdisciplinary environmental issues a hub for networking across disciplines and countries and much-needed recognition for the outstanding interdisciplinary work being performed in this rapidly expanding and much needed academic discipline.
- Formal invitation to join KAO comes from ESP faculty and is based on academic achievement (as determined by GPA) and citizenship. It is open to all ESP majors and any student pursuing a minor offered by ESP. For additional information, consult the chapter's bylaws.
- During the annual induction ceremony, members receive a KAO honor cord for graduation.
- The election of new officers occurs in the fall semester followed by the annual induction ceremony. (view a program from the most recent induction ceremony).
- The 2020 - 2021 KAO officers are: Michelle Radly - President Sam Harden - Vice President
For more information contact Daniel Martínez the KAO Faculty Adviser at: email@example.com