Students who are seeking an undergraduate degree at USM and are academically qualified but cannot supply a TOEFL or IELTS score may be considered for Conditional Admission. Conditionally Admitted students will enroll in one semester or one year of intensive ESOL courses in order to achieve language proficiency. Students admitted as conditional will be issued an I-20 with a major of “general studies”; upon completion of the English language requirements, these students can declare their choice of major.
How to apply:
- Completed application form for the University of Southern Maine
- $40 application fee payable to the University of Southern Maine
- Completed personal statement (essay)
- Official secondary school transcripts, exam certificates, and college level transcripts, including certified English translations
- International College Transcripts: Official transcript evaluations from a USM-approved transcript analysis agency
- Declaration of finances form accompanied by the appropriate financial documentation
For more information please go to: USM Admission.
IELP, University of Southern Maine, P.O. Box 9300, Portland, ME 04014-9300, USA
(207) 780-4419; Fax: (207) 780-4933; email@example.com