Careers at the USM Foundation
Please submit cover letter, resume and references with the title of the position to email@example.com. Be sure to include the title of the position in the subject line.
Executive Assistant to the President
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the President
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Supports the president of University of Southern Maine Foundation by maintaining his/her calendars, prioritizing correspondence, drafting documents, preparing daily meeting folders, research, and arranging board meeting logistics as needed. Supports other foundation staff, as needed by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads and prioritizes University of Southern Maine foundation president's emails, and prepares responses to correspondence to routine inquiries.*
- Manages and maintains president's schedule in additional to scheduling departmental meetings.*
- Prepares meeting folders containing pertinent information for president's meetings.*
- Follows up with, designates, and documents, as appropriate, any action items resulting from meetings, including updating Advance or other alumni/donor/prospect database with contact reports and next steps.*
- Prepares agendas and makes arrangements for board, committee or other meetings, such as catering, information packets, conference space, and information technology needs.*
- Works collaboratively with the finance director and other appropriate staff regarding logistics and budget.*
- Prepares board and committee minutes, within a reasonable time-frame, for review and approval by president, as needed.*
- Works with University of Southern Maine president's office and staff to coordinate activities and events as needed.*
- Greets and accommodates visitors professionally, accompanying to appropriate location/staff.*
- Provides clerical and other support services to staff, as needed.*
- Responsible for onboarding new board members including updating board lists, providing orientation materials, and ensuring in full compliance with board policies and procedures.*
- Responsible for new hire orientation including working with human resources coordinator to onboard new employees.*
- Makes travel arrangements, updates subscriptions, orders supplies for staff as needed, in consultation with the finance manager.*
- Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares papers for consideration and presentation by the president and other staff, as needed, using Microsoft PowerPoint, and other tools as needed.*
- Responsible for being well versed in various forms of social media utilized by University of Southern Maine Foundation to update and perform analytics.*
- Responsible for having the ability and desire to assist as needed, at various events, which may require after hours attendance.*
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of confidentiality and discretion is required.*
- Works with key staff, maintains records, and files in commonly agreed upon format and location.*
- Maintains ability to multi-task, prioritize, while managing last minute requests as needed.*
- Maintains USM Foundation's website.*
- Provides phone coverage for the president's office and other staff, as needed.*
- Anticipates needs of president to the greatest extent possible and be forward thinking.
- Prepares and interprets budgets and financial data.
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to learn and provide support for a variety of web-based tools including iModules GiveCampus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google Docs, Google spreadsheets, Google calendar, database software, and contact management systems.
Associate's degree (A. A. / A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to four years related experience and/or training in an executive administrative role with high level of confidentiality and discretion; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver's license
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Professional knowledge and skills in research
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on working well with people at all levels inside and outside the organization and working as a member of a team
- Demonstrated abilities in organizing and planning with emphasis on coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with fundraising databases/CMS and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work effectively under pressure