The Franco-American Collection is one of the largest repositories of its kind in the Northeast. The Collection contains tens of thousands of printed books, photographs, newspaper clippings and audio-visual recordings. Begin exploring our materials with our online collections:
- Browse our Past Perfect catalog online: this database includes descriptions of photographs, documents, and artifacts.
- View our online exhibits on the Maine Memory Network. Learn about the SS Peter and Paul Basilica, snowshoeing, theater, and more.
- Visit our Digital Commons website for more digitized collections, including oral histories.
- View the finding aids of the Collection's subject and biographical collections, as well as a list of papers and theses
- Search for books and periodicals in the Collection through USM Libraries' URSUS catalog. (Opens in a new window)
- Share your experience as Franco-Americans in the state of Maine during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in 2020
Interested in visiting the Collection in-person? Submit a research request here.
Terms and Conditions for Reproduction of Collection Material