The Franco-American Collection is one of the largest repositories of its kind in the North-East. The Collection contains tens of thousands of printed books, photographs, newspaper clippings and audio-visual recordings. As such, it is not yet possible to make much of this material available online. However, new material is being added all the time, so be sure to check back regularly.
Explore the Collection Online:
- Browse our catalog online (please note that only a small fraction of the Collection can be viewed online at this time. Consult the finding aids or other resources below for a broader view of the Collection).
- View our online exhibits
- Listen to our oral histories.
- Read original research on the contemporary Franco-American population
- Read digitized documents from the Collection
- Explore audio-visual materials from the Robert Couturier Collection.
- Watch film of the 1950 International Snowshoe Convention.
- Listen to the 1962 Bates Manufacturing Christmas Concert, performed by l'Orphéon
- Browse the Victor Labrecque Photographic Collection
- View the Finding Aids of the Collection's subject and biographical sections, as well as a list of papers and theses in the Collection.
- Search published materials in the Collection (books, periodicals) through USM Libraries' URSUS catalog. (Opens in a new window)
- Support the Collection
- Submit a research request