The 2011/12 Board of Directors' annual retreat, was held November 21, 2011. The Board constructed the following vision for the Collection in 2016:
By 2016, the Franco-American Collection:
- Is well known by a wide spectrum of people as the best resource for Franco-American history, culture, literature and music. The collection is busy and the activities are well attended.
- Is a leader in building collaborations with related organizations.
- Is well known for its exhibits at the collection, its travelling exhibits as well as its major themed exhibits.
- Has highly visible and inviting space in connection with Lewiston Auburn College with room for exhibits and larger reading room and archival space.
- Has a vibrant, engaged scholar doing research, teaching, publishing and programming.
- Has a strong, stable endowment, a regular donor base and is actively pursues any available grants and can support a full time director.
Learn more about the Collection.