Gamma Theta Upsilon (GTU) is an international honor society in geography. Members of GTU have met academic requirements and share a background and interest in geography. Students with a concentration in either Anthropology or Geography are eligible to join.
- Completed at least 3 geography courses
- GPA of 3.3 overall
- Completed at least 3 semesters of college coursework
Purpose of GTU:
- To further professional interest in geography by affording a common organization for those interested in this field.
- To strengthen student and professional training through academic experiences other than those of the classroom and laboratory.
- To advance the status of geography as a cultural and practical discipline for student and investigation.
- To encourage student research of high quality and to provide an outlet for publication.
- To create and administer funds for furthering graduate study and/or research in the field of geography.
- To encourage members to apply geographic knowledge and skills in service to humankind.
For more information: http://www.gammathetaupsilon.org