Geography-Anthropology Student Learning Outcomes:
1. An appreciation of cultural or ethnic diversity and a knowledge of global geography.
2. An understanding of the relationship between people and the environment, today, and in the past.
3. An understanding of human evolution as both a biological and a cultural process.
4. A knowledge and appreciation of the connections between Maine, New England and the World.
5. A responsiveness to local and regional concerns including heritage, present issues and future prospects for the region,
6. An ability to use research methods to solve complex questions
7. A knowledge of the theory and practice of qualitative research techniques
8. Cartographic skills
9. An ability to formulate good research questions and to think critically, and
10. An ability to apply the skills of our training to real-world problem solving.