The Office of Graduate Studies (OGS) is the hub of graduate student support and advocacy. We are committed to fostering an empowered, equitable, interconnected graduate student community of experienced and confident researchers, practitioners, and leaders by:
- Integrating the University’s offerings with the unique needs of graduate students;
- Cultivating equity, justice, and community through graduate student engagement, representation, and advocacy, eg the Graduate Student Board;
- Collaborating with faculty and staff to support orientation, advising, and mentorship programming for students;
- Providing scholarships and financial assistance to help students find affordable pathways to complete their programs;
- Connecting students to resume-enhancing professional development opportunities through Graduate Assistantships and collaborative partnerships, including the Graduate Student Professional Development Fund (GSPDF);
- Partnering with other divisions to implement data-driven strategic enrollment initiatives to ensure successful retention, persistence, and completion rates; and
- Educating our community and stakeholders about the value of graduate education at USM and in the state.
Our office is located on the Portland campus in room 117 Wishcamper Center, but this semester we’ll be operating remotely and holding Virtual Office Hours each weekday. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org; usm.maine.edu/grad; or call 207-780-4872.