The Office of Graduate Studies (OGS) is committed to facilitating a graduate assistantship program that gives students resume-enhancing experiences and equips them with concrete, transferable skills. That’s why we’ve created a Graduate Assistant Onboarding module via Blackboard for all graduate assistants at USM. Throughout the course of your assistantship, you will have access at any time to the following:
- Assistantships 101: The Basics - Everything you need to know to get off to a great start in your position.
- Enhancing Your Experience - Tips on how to get the most out of your assistantship.
- Resources - A one-stop-shop for campus resources, including the Graduate Assistant handbook, academic calendar, graduate student policies, and more.
- Announcements - Important and pertinent information, details regarding events for GAs will be posted for all to see.
- Discussions - Your place to connect with your fellow Graduate Assistants on campus. Ask questions, learn what your peers are up to, and build your network.
Accessing the onboarding module is easy - all Graduate Assistants are added to this Blackboard organization upon submission of their appointment from their supervisor. You will find the Graduate Assistantship Onboarding organization on your homepage, at the bottom right-hand corner, under “My Organizations.”