The health and well-being of students, faculty, and staff, and visitors to our campus is of paramount importance. All decisions and actions pertaining to the 2020–21 academic year are grounded in protecting all members of the USM community from the spread of the novel Coronavirus.
Students: Classes began as scheduled on August 31. In-person instruction ended and residence halls closed on Wednesday, November 25 — the day before Thanksgiving. The final two weeks of the semester and exams are occurring remotely as scheduled. Winter session classes begin on Monday, Dec. 21. Spring semester classes will begin on Monday, Jan. 25. See the 2020–21 Academic Year calendar for more details.
- See the Healthy Huskies Promise
- See the UMS Face Covering Guide
- Download the #CampusClear app for symptom monitoring
- See detailed USM Asymptomatic Testing information
- See the archive of weekly Healthy Huskies Updates
- See frequently requested office phone numbers and hours of operation
- See Course Modalities explained
- See What to Do This Weekend in the Gorham Area
- Read a message from USM President Glenn Cummings
- Read our 2020-21 Academic Year Plan
- Read our COVID-19 Alert Protocol (When USM will notify the campus community about cases.)
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions related to the student experience at USM during the pandemic — or anything else — the Dean of Students Office is serving as the ombudsperson to answer or direct questions to campus experts. Please complete our form to share your questions.
- Browse FAQs for Current Students
- View FAQs by Category: