The health and well-being of students, faculty and staff is of paramount importance. All decisions and actions pertaining to our return to campus are grounded in protecting all members of the USM community from the spread of the novel Coronavirus.
Classes will begin as scheduled on August 31. In-person instruction will end and residence halls will close on Wednesday, November 25 — the day before Thanksgiving. The final two weeks of the semester and exams will occur remotely as scheduled.
- Read a message from USM President Glenn Cummings
- Read our Return to Campus Plan
- Read the UMS Return to Campus Guide for Employees (PDF)
- Watch the UMS Return to Campus training video (with ASL interpretation)*
- Watch the UMS Return to Campus training video*
- Learn How to Respond to Student Disclosures of Interpersonal Violence During the Pandemic
- Review the COVID-19 Situation Matrix (Who Needs to Self-Isolate and When)
- Review the COVID-19 Communication Protocol Flowchart
- Review the COVID-19 Alert Protocol (When USM Communicates About Cases)
- Read the Healthy Huskies Promise
- See the archive of weekly Healthy Huskies Updates to faculty and staff
- See frequently requested office contact information and hours of operation
* Please log in to your campus portal before clicking the links above to watch the training videos. Hoonuit uses third-party cookies, so your browser needs to be configured to allow cookies.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about our Fall 2020 plan to return to campus, please contact Alexander Porteous, USM’s Chief Operating Officer and COVID-19 Ombudsperson.
- Browse FAQs for Faculty & Staff
- View FAQs by Category: