The health and well-being of students, faculty and staff, and visitors is of paramount importance to the USM Community. To stop the spread of COVID-19 Healthy Huskies commit to:
- Monitor for the symptoms of COVID-19 via the UMS symptom monitoring app
- Report to a medical professional if I experience fever of 100.4° F or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell.
- Wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
- Choose safe forms of social interaction (small groups or visit outside)
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing (6 feet), especially in indoor settings
- Stay home if feeling ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19
- Wear an appropriate face covering and other protective gear as directed by the university
- Be positive, sensitive and helpful to anyone around who may be troubled or struggling
RESPECT HUSKY NATION
- Keep clothing, belongings, personal spaces and shared common spaces clean
- Participate in testing and contact tracing to preserve the wellness of the community
- Carefully observe instructional signs and follow directions
- Minimize travel outside the local area to help prevent community transmission; university-sponsored travel is restricted
When they log into their MaineStreet account, students will see the Healthy Huskies Promise and will be able to indicate their commitment to keeping themselves and others safe and COVID-free.