The Office of Equal Opportunity at the University of Southern Maine strives to ensure that all university community members uphold federal and state nondiscrimination laws. To that end, we work toward a campus climate that is supportive of equity through advice, education, and intervention.
Education is a critical component to building a campus community that understands its rights and obligations pertaining to equal opportunity and affirmative action. Therefore we provide various live and online training tools.
We advise individuals and departments regarding specific equal opportunity issues. This includes providing information regarding complaint resolution mechanisms such as the University of Maine System Procedure for Equal Opportunity Complaints.
For complete information on University of Maine System Equal Opportunity, please visit the UMS Equal Opportunity Portal.
- BOT Policy on General Equal Opportunity
- Non-Discrimination Notice (see below for translated versions)
- Guidelines Regarding Consenting Relationships
- BOT Policy on Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault
- Student Disability Services Center
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Our Commitment to People with Disabilities
- Who to Contact for Accommodation Resources
- Procedure for Accommodating Individuals with Disabilities
- Request an ADA Accommodation
- Guidelines Regarding Service Animals
- Desk Reference for Accommodating Students with Disabilities (PDF 2008)
- Accommodation Request Information and Notice - Information about USM's obligations to make public events and programs accessible
To review the UMS Equal Opportunity Complaint Procedure, please click here.
Visitors: Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity (contact information below).
Translated versions of the Nondiscrimination Notices for UMS Publications
- Nondiscrimination Notices for UMS Publications – French
- Nondiscrimination Notices for UMS Publications – German
- Nondiscrimination Notices for UMS Publications – Italian
- Nondiscrimination Notices for UMS Publications – Japanese
- Nondiscrimination Notices for UMS Publications – Portuguese
- Nondiscrimination Notices for UMS Publications – Simplified Chinese
- Nondiscrimination Notices for UMS Publications – Spanish
Amie Parker, Interim Director, Equal Opportunity
For a complete list of Equal Opportunity Officers, please click here.