Campus Human Resources Services

Student Employment

This page is intended to be a resource to managers of student employees who work on campus at either federal work study or department funded positions at USM. 

What is the difference between federal work student student jobs and department funded student jobs?

For a student to obtain a federal work study funded student job, the student needs to have federal work study funds included in their financial aide package after completing the FAFSA. More information about this can be found on the Student Finanical Services website. Any USM student is eligible to obtain a department funded student job, regardless of whether they received federal work study or not. 


Resources for Managers of Student Workers:

Student Employment Payroll Policies and procedures.

HR Hiring Forms

International Student Worker Guidelines

How to approve time in MaineStreet


Additional Resources for Student Workers:

Student Financial Aide Resources

International Student Worker Guidelines

How to enter time worked in MaineStreet for payment