Any employee or student of USM may attend council meetings. To be a voting member of IDEC, you need to be an acting member of one of its committees.
If you are interested in participating in any of the committees, begin by reviewing the committees on the IDEC Committee page. To join IDEC, select the committee you would like to join and fill out one of these registration forms:
Full council meetings take place four times a year and are open to any member of the USM community.
IDEC meets four times per year on the third Friday of the months of September, November, February, and April, from 10:00 am-12:00pm.
IDEC Co-Chairs are typically one faculty member and one staff member, who serve a two-year term. They are selected by the Office of the President.
- Faculty Co-chair: Joyce Gibson - Associate Professor of Leadership and Organizational Studies
- Staff Co-chair: Prabh Jot (PJ) Singh - Senior Associate Director - Office of Admissions
- Fall Chair: Samantha Frisk, Coordinator of Service-Learning and Volunteer Programs
- Spring/ Summer Faculty Co-chair: Rebecca Nisetich, Ph.D., English, Assistant Professor and Director of the Honors Program
- Spring/ Summer Staff Co-chair: Sarah Lentz, Graduated in MPPM 20', Muskie School of Public Service
- Faculty Co-chair: Leroy Rowe, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of African American History and Politics
- Staff Co-chair: Samantha Frisk, Coordinator of Service-Learning and Volunteer Programs
- Faculty Co-Chair: Leroy Rowe, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of African American History and Politics
- Staff Co-chair: Sarah E. Holmes, '96, MS'02, Assistant Dean of Students and Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Ali "Pal" Covie (they/ them)
Amina Nur (she/ hers)
Ashlyn Tomer (she/ hers)
Deepak Kandel (he/ him)
Dorcas Ngaliema (she/ hers)
Dylan Bell (she/ hers)
Finn Wilder (they/ them)
Grace Benner (she/ hers)
India Evans (she/ hers)
Reagan Brown (she/ hers)
2018–2019 - First cohort