The University of Southern Maine has much to offer! What you ask?
- With easy access to the recreational, cultural and educational opportunities of this region, USM has been named a Best Northeastern College for the 5th year in a row by The Princeton Review.
- With average size class sizes of just 22 students and a student faculty ratio of 14:1 students will receive the personal attention that they deserve.
- USM has 115 areas of study so that students can find their passion.
- USM offers tremendous academic opportunities including undergraduate research, internships and much more.
- Students can explore their personal interests with access to more than 100 clubs and organizations and 22 men’s and women’s NCAA Division III intercollegiate athletic teams.
- To round out the college experience USM offers plenty of campus sponsored activities including concerts, dances and outdoor recreation opportunities such as camping, hiking and white water rafting just to name a few.
And let’s not forget USM’s location! With campuses in Portland, Gorham and Lewiston-Auburn, USM has something for everyone from city living to the traditional college campus experience.
- Forbes ranks Portland, Maine as the #1 Livable City in the US
- National Geographic Adventure Magazine considers Portland, Maine “One of the 10 Great Adventure Towns.”
- Frommer’s Travel Guides voted Portland as “one of the twelve surprising, thriving, and emerging travel destinations” in the world.
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance ranks Portland as a “Top City for Creative People.”
- Outside Magazine calls Portland “one of the Best Towns on the East Coast.”
- Love to eat? Bon Appetite Magazine just named Portland “America’s Foodiest Town!”
- Boston is just a few hours away and New York is easily accessible by bus
- And let’s not forget Portland’s proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, mountains and lakes which provide students with recreational opportunities all year round.
Want to know even more about Greater Portland? The following websites should help.