Welcome to USM! The Office of International Programs is here to answer your questions and help you with any concerns or problem that you may have. The Office of International Programs is your resource on immigration matters and is the office responsible for working with U.S. federal agencies that are concerned with matters related to international students and scholars studying and working here. Our dedicated staff can assist you with problems concerning your immigration status, as well as social and personal adjustment to life in the United States. We encourage you to use this site often to learn of the latest changes in immigration issues, upcoming events and important topics that are relevant to international students.
We hope that you will enjoy your time here in Maine and at USM!
- Immigration Documents
- Glossary of Immigration Terms
- Maintaining Your Status
- Travel Outside of the US
- Change of Address
- Health Insurance
- Dropping A Class?
- Online Courses for International Students
- Extending Your Program
- Enrollment Verification Letters
- Transferring from USM to Another School in the US
- Post Graduation: Does your diploma need an Apostille? Here's how!
Work & Taxes
- On Campus Work
- CPT: Curricular Practical Training
- OPT: Optional Practical Training
- Social Security Numbers