Are you an international student gradating in May of 2019? If yes, please notify the International Office ASAP!
- We will want to be sure your country's flag is on display at graduation, but we need to know in advance that you will be gradating and marching in May of 2019.
- Don't forget that you have to apply for graduation which you can do through your MaineStreet account.
- If you are planning to graduate please email Kaoru as soon as possible
If you are graduating in May, are you planning to apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT)?
What is Optional Practical Training?
OPT is one year of off campus work permission that allows students to gain real world work experience related to their field of study.
How to you apply for Optional Practical Training?
- Read the Procedures for applying for Optional Practical Training.
- If your passport is expiring before the end of the semester, renew it ASAP.
- Request a letter of support for your OPT application from your advisor. This link will take you to our template.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with Kimberly to complete the application. You can make an appointment online.
Note: After meeting with Kimberly to complete the application it will be mailed directly to USCIS along with all the necessary back up documentation and a fee of $410. It will take USCIS 60 to 90 days to review your application.
Questions?? Email Kaoru or call 780-4959. Thank you!