Currently USM is home to students from more than 36 countries which bring distinctive perspectives to our academic community and enrich the residential and campus experience for all. USM has a great deal to offer students looking for the American experience including small classes and engaged learning opportunities outside of the classroom that are typically available only at large, national, urban universities.
Plus USM offers students the best location in the state with a bustling city campus located in Portland, Maine and residence halls and classrooms in Gorham, Maine which offer the more traditional college experience. Rated as one of the safest cities in the US, Portland was recently named one of Frommer’s Top 12 World Travel destinations, which makes for a college experience filled with discovery and opportunity. Also, Portland joins the list of top college cities and the metropolitan area is ranked 20th among small cities in an analysis of the best places for college students.
We hope that you will find the University of Southern Maine a welcoming home away from home!
USM and Maine
- About USM, Greater Portland and Maine!
- USM's 3 Campuses
- Housing at USM
- Services Provided by the USM Office of International Programs
Applying for USM
- Application Deadlines
- SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
- International Admissions
- Documenting Funding & International Student Budgets
- Bringing Dependents
- Work with one of our Overseas Representatives
- Learn more about some of USM's International Graduates!
- Applying for a Visa
- Transferring to USM
- Changing your Immigration Status in the US
- Arriving at the US Port of Entry
Exchange Student Information
- Application Process for incoming International Undergraduate Exchange students from Partner Institutions
- Information about USM for Incoming Exchange Students from Partner Schools
- Application Process for incoming International Law Exchange students from Partner Institutions
- UNIBE Exchange