Study Abroad Application Forms
Since there are still many unknowns regarding when we'll be able to resume study abroad programming due to the pandemic, we have revised our application process for students hoping to study abroad for Fall 2021 term.
Students applying for Fall 2021 study abroad should complete Part A of the application process by March 22, 2021. We will communicate next steps and updates regarding the status of programming to applicants throughout April and May.
Note: Applications for Spring 2022 study abroad will be due in mid-October. We will open the application window for those programs later this spring/summer.
PART A - Due by March 22, 2021 for students applying for Fall 2021 study abroad
- Submit the Study Abroad Application Form
- Suggestion: Look over the application before completing it so you have all parts ready, as unfortunately you cannot save as you go.
- Complete the Budget and Itemization of How You'll Pay for Your Study Away Program
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in completing these forms. For USM reciprocal exchange and partner programs, we have precreated budget sheets for you to use.
- Two Recommendations from faculty, a least one should be from a USM faculty member in your major
- Here is the link you can share with faculty to complete a recommendation on your behalf Online Recommendation for Study Abroad
PART B - We will connect with you regarding this piece in the future, once we have a better idea if we are able to run Fall 2021 study abroad programming
- This component will involve completing the Prior Approval Course Form. We will reach out in April and/or May regarding these next steps. This is perhaps the most time-consuming form because it involves making at least one appointment with your academic advisor to a) review the requirements you have left to fulfill at USM and to b) review the courses you plan to take overseas and determine how those credits will transfer back to your degree. The Prior Approval Request Course Form must be signed by the dean's office in your college. Here is a sample prior approval form with a brief explanation on how to fill it out.