Campus Safety Tips
These are some safety tips that you should follow while on campus:
- Never leave your purse, wallet, bags or valuables unattended
- Do not leave your belongings unattended, even for a few minutes
- Employees should secure valuables in a LOCKED drawer or other secured area
- Employees should always secure office doors, even if leaving for only a minute or two
- Report any suspicious person or activity to Student Services 753-6536 or maintenance at 753-6512
- Travel in groups of two or more at night and always walk in well-lit, heavily traveled areas.
- Stay on the part of the sidewalk that is farthest away from shrubs, dark doorways, and alleys.
- Share your class schedule with friends and family, effectively creating a buddy system.
- Ask for an escort to your car. Maintenance staff are willing to escort you to your vehicle
- Wherever you are, stay alert to your surroundings and the actions of people around you.
- Follow your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, change directions, return to the building, or call 911
- Avoid displaying large amounts of cash or other tempting targets such as jewelry or expensive clothing.
- Always lock your bike
- Always lock your car and keep valuables out of site. Check the back seat before getting in.
- Park in well-lit, well-traveled areas of the parking lot.