I. Dami Alegbeleye
- Ph.D. Agricultural Leadership Education, Virginia Tech.
- M.S. Agribusiness Management and Market Analysis, Tennessee State University
- B.S. Agricultural Extension & Rural Sociology, Obafemi Awolowo University
Areas of Expertise
- Leader-Follower Dynamics
- Transformational Leadership
- Youth Leadership Development
Dr. Alegbeleye’s research and publications broadly focus on the nexus between leadership and followership. He has explored this phenomenon in the context of student project teams (e.g., Virginia Governor School for Agriculture), and among middle managers in organizations in the United States. This line of research has important implications for leadership development, youth leadership development, youth career readiness, human resource development, and organizational behavior. Dr. Alegbeleye has published in Journals such as the Journal of Leadership Studies, Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, and Journal of International Agricultural & Extension Education, etc.
See here for Dr. Alegbeleye's Google Scholar profile listing his publications.
Awards and Recognition
- CALS (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences) Outstanding Doctoral Degree. 2020. Virginia Tech.
- Distinguished Research Paper. 2019. Association of Leadership Educators Conference. Recipient team: I. Dami Alegbeleye, Eric Kaufman.
- Overall Best Paper. 2019. Leading Change Conference. Recipient team: I. Dami Alegbeleye, Eric Kaufman.
- Outstanding Educator Workshop. 2018. Association of Leadership Educators Conference. Recipient team: Eric Kaufman, I. Dami Alegbeleye, and D. Adam Cletzer.
Dr. Alegbeleye is a member of reputable professional associations such as the International Leadership Association (ILA), Association of Leadership Educators (ALE), and American Association for Agricultural Education. He has served his professional associations in various capacities such as conference paper reviewer, conference award judge, conference session moderator, etc.