- Tutoring Services
- Learning Strategies
- Learning Spaces
- Research Assistance
- Technology Assistance
- Writing Assistance
- Grammarly Citation Tool
- LearningExpress Library Tutorials
Please take our Learning Commons Survey.
We want to know how to better serve you as you work toward success at USM. Your participation in this brief survey will give us important feedback on what we are doing and what we can do. Take the Learning Commons survey.
The Learning Commons
The Learning Commons was developed through a partnership between USM Libraries and the Division of Student Success. The Learning Commons is not designed as a quiet study space, rather one for active collaborative learning. Students can work with Reference Librarians, tutors, faculty and each other in this dynamic environment.
The learning Commons at USM Libraries is here to help students achieve their academic goals through providing:
- Library and research help
- Computers for individual and group use
- Assistance with technology
- Collaborative group study and small instruction spaces
- Tutoring in person or online, particularly in writing and math
- Consultation for developing effective and efficient learning strategies
- Online resources, including tutorial videos and helpful links
The locations in Gorham, Portland and Lewiston-Auburn allow students convenient access to all other library resources, services and spaces. The Learning Commons provides additional amenities and services for those who choose to make USM Libraries an "academic home" on campus.
The Learning Commons is located on the second floor of the Glickman Library and the first floor of the Gorham campus library. For more information, please contact
Paul Dexter at (207) 780-5577, or email email@example.com
Ed Moore at (207) 780-5346, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
View a printable brochure about The Learning Commons.