Group Study Spaces
There are several locations on all three USM campuses to work collaboratively on projects or study in groups. Since you will want to choose a space where "noise" (your interaction with others) is welcomed, consider reserving one of the group study rooms at USM Libraries. Each room is a privately enclosed space, allowing for groups to work together without disturbing other library patrons.
NOTE: These spaces are not meant for individual use. There are many other spaces throughout the library for individual time on task. Individual students in a group study room may be asked to move to a different space.
Group Study Rooms can be reserved by USM students using LibCal.
Group Study Room Policies
- A Group is defined as three or more individuals.
- Group Study Rooms can be reserved online for up to a maximum of 3 hours per reservation, and up to 3 weeks in advance.
- Do not move furniture in and out of the rooms.
- Groups are limited to one reservation per day. Multiple individuals in a group are not permitted to make multiple reservations in a day.
- Group Study Rooms are for use by current USM students only.
- Individuals, two people and small groups are welcome to work together in the Learning Commons and throughout the Glickman Library. The Glickman Library Seventh Floor Reading Room and Second Floor of Gorham Library Learning Commons are designated Quiet Study spaces.
- A group that is more than 15 minutes late forfeits their reservation. Likewise if less than 3 members of the group are not present the reservation may be forfeited.
- Individuals who misuse the Group Study Room reservation system may be permanently blocked from making reservations.