Zoom is an online meeting platform, much like Skype or Google Hangout. Every USM student now has a Zoom account, which can be accessed via the Launch Pad in the upper left-hand corner in the MyUSM portal.
As a USM student, you can work with a peer from anywhere. Zoom will allow you and your tutor to:
- See each other via your device’s camera (for example, a computer or smartphone webcam)
- Hear each other via your microphone
- Share your screen while having your conversation
- Write on a virtual whiteboard as part of your active practice
- Save what was written on the whiteboard
- Have the option to record the entire online session for later review (NOTE: this is the student’s choice)
Zoom works with any device. To learn more about each of the Zoom functions, such as using the whiteboard, chat feature, or recording the session, please see below.
- Screen share your desktop or specific application window
- Use a Whiteboard
- Record your meeting
- Select audio options
- Configure your settings
- Additional How-Tos