There are no restrictions to the number of scholarships to which a student may apply or be nominated. Please review all requirements before applying for any scholarship. For "Faculty Nominated" scholarships, you should request that a faculty member nominate you. All faculty have been given the required paperwork to submit your nomination(s). Note: Students must still complete the appropriate application(s) for faculty or staff nominated scholarships.
2016-2017 Lewiston-Auburn College Scholarships
(Applications will be accepted starting December 1, 2016)
The USM Scholarship Database, found HERE, has specific information on each of the scholarships listed below as well as links to applications where applicable.
Deadline to apply for all of the scholarships listed below is February 21, 2017.
- Community Banks of Androscoggin County: Available to part-time or full-time incoming freshman or transfer students who reside in Androscoggin County pursuing his/her first baccalaureate degree in a Lewiston-Auburn College major.
- Dr. Harlan A. Philippi Scholarship: Available to undergraduate students enrolled in a Lewiston-Auburn College major who have completed at least 30 credits.
- Edna Frances Dickey Scholarship: Awarded on the basis of academic achievement and financial needs to students enrolled in the Arts and Humanities program who have demonstrated a particular interest in history, religious studies, or teaching. Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Helen L. Greenwood: Available to undergraduate students enrolled in the Natural and Applied Sciences major at Lewiston-Auburn College. This scholarship is faculty nominated.
- LAC Graduate Scholarship: Available to students enrolled in the first year of any Master's degree program at Lewiston-Auburn College. This scholarship is faculty nominated.
- LAC Undergraduate Scholarship: Available to undergraduate students enrolled in a major at Lewiston-Auburn College. Students need to have completed at least 30 credits.
- Madeleine D. Giguere: Available to all Lewiston-Auburn College students with an interest in Franco-American studies.
- NiSource Charitable Foundation: Available to students enrolled in a Lewiston-Auburn College degree program. This scholarship is faculty nominated.
- St. Mary's Health System Scholarship: Available to undergraduate and graduate students matriculated in a Lewiston-Auburn College major associated with health services. This criteria can be broad-based as long as health services are involved. The student must reside in Androscoggin County and have demonstrated financial need.
For information on all the scholarships available at the University of Southern Maine visit USM Scholarship Resources.