Welcome! We are so excited that you want to work in the Maker Innovation Studio during your time at USM!
At the Makers Innovation Studio (MIST Lab) we are looking for student workers that have a flexible schedule and are comfortable and confident working with a variety of technology or eager to learn. The MIST Lab is looking for students from all disciplines and majors to strengthen our interdisciplinary presence in the USM community.
The MIST Lab is a place to experiment, prototype, learn and collaborate on digital, STEAM, and entrepreneurial projects. We are looking to hire students who are curious, creative, and passionate about learning new technology to help community and apply to innovative real world projects.
Everyday duties of the Student Worker include:
- Maintaining and updating equipments and facility
- Assisting staff with administrative and operational tasks throughout the lab
- Organizing and sanitizing equipment per covid-19 protocol
- Participating in various department wide and self guided MIST projects
- Assisting in the variety of event, workshops and courses runs every semester for USM students, faculty and k-12 participants.
If you think the MIST Lab is the right place for you then please apply now!
The application should take between 10 - 15 minutes to fill out and you will need to have your Student ID, GPA, and tentative semester plan/ avilabilty ready in order to complete the application.
Once we have recieved your application someone should be in touch with you to set up an interview. Bring the completed additional forms below on your interview. Feel free to contact Dr. So Young Han (email@example.com) Thanks!
Additional Employment Forms