Operated by the Lewiston-Auburn Transit Committee (LATC), the citylink “Purple” bus service is a public transit system serving Lewiston and Auburn, Maine.
- Free 30-day bus passes are available for all current students, faculty, and staff of USM's Lewiston-Auburn College (LAC).
- Pick up your free bus pass at the Student Success office located in Room #119 (across from the Library Information Commons / Writing Center entrance) during regular office hours. Photo IDs are required.
- All riders must present their bus pass to the driver prior to boarding the bus.
- Any student rider who does not present a bus pass at the time of boarding will be responsible for paying the standard student rate ($1.25 per ride) prior to entering.
Important: Please understand and follow all citylink bus rules of conduct to ensure that all passengers enjoy a safe, comfortable ride.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the citylink bus stop located on campus?
The LAC citylink bus stop is located just outside of the easternmost entrance to the Community Wing (past the Veterans Resource Center) on Midway Street.
- When do citylink buses operate?
The #3 Lisbon Street bus makes scheduled stops at the Lewiston campus between 6:15 am and 5:45 pm Monday thru Friday, and between 10:40 am and 4:40 pm on Saturday.
Important: There is currently no citylink bus service on Sunday.
- What stops are on the #3 Lisbon Street bus route?
The #3 Lisbon Street Bus route includes stops at local shopping centers, including Shaw’s, Save-A-Lot, Staples (Promenade Mall) and the VA Health Clinic on Challenger Drive. See all scheduled stops.
- Is there a holiday schedule for citylink Buses?
Yes. citylink buses do not operate on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Holiday schedule updates or changes are posted on the citylink bus service website.
- Can I explore other areas of Lewiston-Auburn via the citylink bus?
More questions? Contact Student Success
Contact Student Success with questions about the citylink student bus pass program. Call 207-777-4563, contact us online or visit the office located at 119 Lewiston Campus during regular business hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
For more information about citylink bus transportation, including bus route(s), updated departure and arrival times, available onboard services and more, visit citylink, follow @purplebusla on Twitter, or call 207-777-4563.