Boston University, B.A.
Double Major: Mathematics and Economics
Magna Cum Laude
College Prize for Excellence in Statistics
Senior Medical Statistician, Institute for Preventive Medicine and Medical Screening, Windham, Maine and
Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Women & Infants Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island
1. Palomaki GE, Knight GJ, Neveux LM, Pandian R, Haddow JE: Maternal serum invasive trophoblast antigen (ITA) and first-trimester Down syndrome screening. Clin Chem, 51:1499-1504, 2005.
2. Knight GJ, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Smith DE, Kloza EM, Pulkkinen AJ, Williams J, Haddow JE: Integrated serum screening for Down’s syndrome in primary obstetric practice. Prenat Diag, 25:1162-1167, 2005.
3. Palomaki GE, Wright DE, Summers AM, Neveux LM, Meier C, O’Donnell A, Huang T, Knight GJ, Haddow JE: Repeated measurement of pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A (PAPP-A) in Down syndrome screening: a validation study. Prenat Diag, 26:730-739, 2006.
4. Ritchie RF, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Ledue TM, Marcovina S, Navolotskaia O: Reference distributions for apolipoproteins A1, B, and B/A1 ratios: comparison of a large cohort to the world’s literatures. J Clin Lab Anal, 20:218-226, 2006.
5. Ritchie RF, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Ledue TB, Craig WY, Marcovina S, Navolotskaia O: Reference distributions for apolipoproteins A1, B, and B/A1 ratios: a practical, simple and clinically relevant approach in a large cohort. J Clin Lab Anal, 20:209-217, 2006.
6. Canick JA, Lambert-Messerlian GM, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Malone FD, Ball RH, Nyberg DA, Comstock CH, Bukowski R, Saade GR, Berkowitz RL, Dar P, Dugoff L, Craigo SD, Timor-Tritsch IE, Carr SR, Wolfe HM, D’Alton ME: Comparison of Serum Markers in First-Trimester Down Syndrome Screening. Obstetrics & Gynecology, Vol. 108, No. 5, p.1192-1199, 2006.
7. Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Haddow JE, Wyatt P: Hyperglycosylated-hCG (h-hCG) and Down syndrome screening in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy. Prenat Diag, 27:808-813, 2007.
8. Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Knight GJ, Haddow JE, Lee JE: Estimating first-trimester combined screening performance for Down syndrome in dried blood spots versus fresh sera. Genetics in Medicine, Vol. 9, No. 7, p.458-463, 2007.
9. Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Donnenfeld A, Lee J, McDowell G, Canick JA, Summers A, Lambert-Messerlian G, Kellner L, Zebelman A, Haddow JE: Quality assessment of routine nuchal translucency measurements: a North American laboratory perspective, Genet Med, 10:131-138, 2008.
10. Lambert-Messerlian GM, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Chien E, Friedman A, Rosene-Montella K, Hayes M, Canick JA: Early onset of preeclampsia and second trimester serum markers. Prenat Diag, 29:1109-1117, 2009.
11. Palomaki GE, Melillo S, Neveux LM, Douglas MP, Dotson DW, Janssens ACJW, Balkite EA, Bradley LA: Use of genomic profiling to assess risk for cardiovascular disease and identify individualized prevention strategies. Genet Med, 12:772-784, 2010.
12. Haddow JE, Cleary-Goldman J, McClain MR, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Lambert-Messerlian G, Canick JA, Malone FD, Porter RF, Nyberg DA, Bernstein PS, D’Alton ME: Thyroperoxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies in early pregnancy and pre-term delivery. Obstet Gynecol, 116:58-62, 2010.
13. Haddow JE, McClain MR, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Lambert-Messerlian G, Canick JA, Malone FD, Porter RF, Nyberg DA, Bernstein PS, D’Alton ME for the First and Second Trimester Risk of Aneuoploidy (FaSTER) Research Consortium: Thyroperoxidase and thyroglobulin antibodies in early pregnancy and placental abruption. Obstet Gynecol, 117:287-292, 2011.
14. Haddow JE, Neveux LM, Palomaki GE, Lambert-Messerlian G, Canick JA, Grenache DG, Lu J: The relationship between PTH and 25-hydroxy vitamin D in pregnancy. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf), 75:309-314, 2011.
15. Palomaki GE, Kloza EM, Lambert-Messerlian GM, Haddow JE, Neveux LM, Ehrich M, van den Boom D, Bombard AT, Deciu C, Grody WW, Nelson SF, Canick JA: DNA sequencing of maternal plasma to detect Down syndrome: An international clinical validation study. Genet Med, 13:913-920, 2011.
16. Craig WY, Allan WC, Kloza EM, Pulkkinen AJ, Waisbren S, Spratt DI, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Haddow JE: Mid-gestational maternal free thyroxine concentration and offspring neurocognitive development at age two years. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 97:E22-E28, 2012.
17. Palomaki GE, Deciu C, Kloza EM, Lambert-Messerlian GM, Haddow JE, Neveux LM, Ehrich M, van den Boom D, Bombard AT, Grody WW, Nelson SF, Canick JA: DNA sequencing of maternal plasma reliably identifies trisomy 18 and trisomy 13 as well as Down syndrome: an international collaborative study. Genet Med, 14:296-305, 2012.
18. Haddow JE, Craig WY, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Lambert-Messerlian G, Canick JA, Malone FD, D’Alton ME: Impact of adjusting for the reciprocal relationship between maternal weight and free thyroxine during early pregnancy. Thyroid, 23:225-230, 2013.
19. Craig WY, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Haddow JE: Maternal body mass index during pregnancy and offspring neurocognitive development. Obstet Med, 6:20-25, 2013.
20. Haddow JE, Craig WY, Neveux LM, Haddow RMH, Palomaki GE, Lambert-Messerlian G, Malone FD, D’Alton ME: Implications of high free thyroxine (FT4) concentrations in euthyroid pregnancies: The FaSTER Trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 99:2038-2044, 2014.
21. Lambert-Messerlian G, Eklund E, Chien EK, Rosene-Montella K, Neveux LM, Haddow HR, Palomaki GE: First or second trimester serum markers, or both, for predicting preeclampsia. Pregnancy Hypertens, 4:271-278, 2014.
22. Haddow JE, Neveux LM, Palomaki GE, Lambert-Messerlian G, Malone FD, D’Alton ME: An inverse relationship between weight and free thyroxine during early gestation among women treated for hypothyroidism. Thyroid, 25:949-953, 2015.
23. Palomaki GE, Eklund EE, Neveux LM, Lambert-Messerlian GM. Evaluating first trimester maternal serum screening combinations for Down syndrome suitable for use with reflexive secondary screening via sequencing of cell free DNA: High detection with low rates of invasive procedures. Prenat Diagn, 125(8):789-796, 2015.
24. Haddow JE, Craig WY, Neveux LM, Palomaki GE, Lambert-Messerlian G, Malone FD, D’Alton ME: Free thyroxine during early pregnancy and risk for gestational diabetes. PLoS One, 11:e0149065, 2016.
ABSTRACTS / LETTERS / POSTER SESSIONS
1. Belisle LM, Case DC, Neveux LM: Quantitation of risk of malignant transformation in patients with “benign” monoclonal gammopathy. Clinical Research , Vol. 39, No.2, p.378a, 1991.
2. Craig WY, Poulin SE, Forster NR, Neveux LM, Ledue TB, Ritchie RF: Apolipoprotein(a): Characterization of variants by molecular weight and by comparison with standards. Arteriosclerosis and Thrombosis, Vol. 11, No. 5, p.1483a, 1991.
3. Salmun LM, Chilmonczyk BA, Megathlin KN, Neveux LM, Knight GJ, Pulkkinen AJ, Haddow JE: The extent and impact of environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) exposure in children with asthma. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Vol. 89, No. 1(Part 2), p.231, 1992.
4. Ledue TB, Neveux LM, Craig WY: The relationship between lipoprotein(a) and the acute phase response. Clin Chem 38:1063, 1992.
5. Simon JM, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Donnenfeld AE: The effect of fetal sex and gestational age on the BPD/FL ratio in normal and Down syndrome pregnancies. Abstract #264, 1994 Society of Perinatal Obstetricians, Las Vegas, NV.
6. Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Haddow JE: Are DADs (discriminant aneuploidy detection) as good as MOMs (multiples of the median)? Am J Obstet Gynecol. Vol. 173, No. 6, p.1895-1897, 1995.
7. Bradley LA, Haddow JE, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM: Assessing feasibility of population screening for hemochromatosis: A meta-analysis of published studies. 2nd Annual Meeting of The American College of Medical Genetics. 1995.
8. McCue BK, Neveux LM, Palomaki GE, Peipert JF, Canick JA: Use of triple marker screening for multiple gestation. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists; 1996 District I Junior Fellow Annual Meeting.
9. Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Knight GJ, Haddow JE: Maternal weight and first trimester Down syndrome screening. Am J Hum Genet, 61:a160, 1997.
10. Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Haddow JE: Current Down syndrome risk estimates are reliable. Am J Obstet Gynecol, Vol. 178, No. 4, p.871-872, 1998.
11. Knight GK, Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Haddow JE, Bradley LA: Maternal serum dimeric inhibin-A as a second trimester screen for Down syndrome. Am J Hum Genet, 63:a166, 1998.
12. Lambert-Messerlian GM, Palomaki GE, Knight GJ, Neveux LM, Canick JA, Haddow JE: Dimeric inhibin-A as a marker for Down syndrome in the first trimester. Annual meeting of the American College of Medical Genetics, Orlando, Florida, March 4-7, 2004.
13. Palomaki GE, Knight GJ, Neveux LM, Haddow JE:, Pandian R: First-trimester Down syndrome screening (response to Hallahan). Clin Chem, 52:161, 2006.
14. Palomaki GE, Neveux LM, Bahado-Singh RO: Deciding which human chorionic gonadotropin-related molecule to use in a first trimester Down syndrome screening program. ACOG 55th Annual Clinical Meeting, San Diego, CA, May 5-9, 2007, Obstet Gynecol, 109 (4 Suppl):93S, 2007.